Saturday 26 January 2019

Australia Day 2019

Hi all, 
Australia Day is here YAH!!
My goodness another year and again we celebrate what it means to be an Australian..
To me it means Family, Caring, Acceptance and lately Heat lol...
I love Australia..

My granddaughter Charlie who loves these glasses and blowing whistles lol


Astaria who like Charlie thinks nothing of wearing gumboots in 38 degrees heat lol..


This is what my granddaughter Aimee and her friends are doing.. 
Have you all noticed my grass the kids are standing on?? That my friends is my front lawn; yes I repeat my front lawn. We are on tank water in the bush and since it has been so hot it has killed most of my grass and flowers though it doesn't stop the older ones from sitting on the veranda having a beverage or two lol..


At my daughters pool which is happening a lot lately, and little Emmie is not sure if she likes it or not.. Charlie loves her pool floatie lol.


And when not at the pool then at the beach. I love this photo even if Astaria's half butt is showing lol
(she is just like her dad).. Charlie were is your hat??


And just because, here are a couple of fun facts.. 

1. Pub With No Beer, by Slim Dusty was the first Australian international number one. It was also the first single to go Gold... (Yah go Country Music)

2. Men At Work, 1983 were the first Australian group to win a Grammy award. They had a number one single and a number one album in America at the same time..

3. The first university was opened in Australia in Sydney in 1850. It wasn't until 1881 that the university of Adelaide was the first university to allow women to study..

Have a wonderful Australia Day..
Slip, Slop, Slap

Huge hugs
Donna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x