Thursday 19 March 2020

Three Card Swap - AVSC - March

Hi all,
Join us over at Aunty Vera's Scrap and Craft  AVSC for our March Challenge which is Create Three Cards with different techniques with the themes: Friendship, Birthday and Open.. These are mine for the challenge..

Card 1.  Friendship - I love the medium of Encaustic Art which is a wax.. I just love that there are never the two the same and each piece is unique.. I added a mat behind the art piece to highlight it, I added three black pearls and a Tim Holtz Gold sticker 'Quotations'.


 A close up of the gold in the wax. just gorgeous in real life..


Card 2.  Birthday.. I die cut the small Tattered Floral dies by Tim Holtz several times and adhered it to the watercolour card mat.  Using the blending tools I blended Fossilized Amber, Crushed Olive, Mermaid Lagoon, Dusty Concord, Pickled Raspberry Distress Inks over the front of the card and blended it together with a little water on a brush.. I then splashed some white paint over and let it dry..  


Using a black pen I doodles around some of the flowers and leaves and drew tiny circles in some of the flower centres.. Stamping the bird and crown from Shabby French by Tim Holtz on to watercolour paper using the same inks as the background. I then fussy cut both items and added gold pearls to the crown.. The quote is from the Crazy Talk Collection - Tim Holtz and embossed with Hero Arts Satin Pearl embossing powder on black cardstock..  



I created another card for a video tutorial and run into so many problems, all I could do was laugh out loud.. This is that card, same as above but more vibrant in colours.. I used a chalk marker to make little dots around the quote.. 


Card 3 Open.. I love this technique of using Distress Oxide Inks on photo paper, Again it is a medium that is unique in every piece.. I stamped the quote from 'How About Never' from Dyan Reaveley - Ranger; rearranged the quotes, placed the on 3D foam tape and laced them on the front after inking around the edge in black.. I then added three silver pearls to finish the card.. 


I Inked around the quote in black after embossing it in black embossing powder. A little blue and pink on the front of the words brings it all together.. 


All the products except the Encaustic Art waxes are available from Aunty Vera Store.. AVSC

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things
Hugs
Donna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x