Friday 18 June 2021

A Quick Tutorial on Gelli Printing with Acrylic Paint..AVSC

 Hi all, 

I thought I would show you a very quick tutorial on using a Gelli Plate with acrylic paint.. Now there are tons of ways to do this and there are tons of different techniques so I am showing you the basics ok.. (well my basics anyway lol). 

I have assorted Gelli Plates, stencils, stamps, rags, water, I use plastic spatulas but you can use a spoon or straight from the paint tube, a assorted of junk for textures. You can also use other mediums on the Gelli plates including distress inks just be careful that you don't use anything acid, permanent or abrasive on the Gelli Plates.


I place my Gelli plate on a piece of plain paper and have a scrap piece of paper next to it. You can also use a book like I did later.. 


I like a lot of paint on mine but you only have to add 4 - 6 of little drops paint for it to work.. My plate is a A4 size but I have lots of different sizes..


Using a brayer (by the way you can buy the brayers and Gelli plates from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft shop) just bray over the paint until you are happy with it. I roll and lift my brayer then do the same until I am finished.


Place a piece of paper on the Gelli Plate and gently pull it off.. This is your first layer. You can leave it at this if you like it. I did this for some of mine.. 


Using different colours of paint.


As you can see it spreads quite a lot so just keep rolling until you are happy.


The Gelli Plate when all the above paint is rolled out on it.


I placed different stencils on the plate and gently rolled them with the brayer. Lift off and lay the stencils on some scrap paper to get another layer of patterned papers.
(a hint, I have a dish beside me that once I take off the excess paint I place the stencil straight in the water, cleans easy then).




I layered lots of lovely colours and used old bottle tops to give me some patterns in the paint.


I also had this old piece of mesh that I dabbed on the plate as well.


Voila, a patterned piece of paper..


I used old cardboard which I peeled the top layer back to use.


I used stamps, as well (just make sure you clean the stamps straight away).
A few papers I made.









With this one I did as normal, used stencils then waited until it dried on the Gelli plate. I then brayered over that with more paint and then used a stamp . I then lifted the print and must say I really like it.


I did the same here as above and love this one.


I have this art diary which I am going to cover with one of the above papers and thought why not use the same technique on some of the pages ..


Love this one and is one of my favourites.


This one was using the scraps of the paint on the stamps.



I used this stamp to pull a print off the Gelli plate and this is what was left on the stamp. brilliant..





Pretty isn't she..


You can purchase some of the items HERE

and check out the facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout January.
  

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE

And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x