Thursday 11 February 2016

'Live the Life' Tutorial


Hello lovely peeps, how is your day going?

It is beautiful here in the lovely (extremely dry) valley and I have been incredibly busy creating all sorts of wonderful things for you..

Today I have a great little tutorial using some gorgeous products from Mr Tim Holtz. I totally love his products and have found them to be terrific for the elusive MASCULINE card!!    

Yes, we ALL know how hard these beauties can be (hehe), we have all been there; so just for you, I have designed a card using some of the products he is famous for..  Go and grab a cuppa, get your self comfy and enjoy…

Live the Life
Items needed:

A5 Card base 
Cut 1piece of cardstock  (plain) @ 5 3/4" x 3 7/8"
Cut 1piece of cardstock  (patterned) @ 5 1/4" x 3 5/8"
Cut 1piece of cardstock  (patterned) @ 5" x 3 3/8"

                                    Cut 1piece of cardstock  (stamped image) @ 4 1/8" x 3"
                                                       Cogs Die from Sizzix
                                                                Ribbon
                                                  Tim Holtz Idea-ology
                                                    Stamps from Tim Holtz



Step 1. Stamp the man with the umbrella twice on cardstock. Fussy cut the hat,
coat and umbrella of one of the images as shown. 


Step 2. Sew around the two top pieces of patterned paper as shown.

Step 3. Distress and ink all the edges including the fussy cut image. (I have no idea why that little pen nib is in this photo lol)..

Step 4. Stamp 'Live the Life You've Imagined' on the right side of the card front..


Step 5. Adhere all the pieces together as shown
using 3D tape for the fussy cut pieces..
Note: Can you see how uneven I stamped the coat on the first image?
Because I was going to add a fussy cut coat on top, it wasn’t a problem..



Step 6. Finish off the card as shown.
Using Glossy Accents from Ink Essentials, coat the star and the fussy cut images.


The finished card..

See, I told you it was a quick tutorial, and you haven’t even finished your cuppa have you!! 

Now I bet you are thinking where do I get all these products from and what can I use instead of these!  Most craft shops are now stocking Ranger and Tim Holtz products, and have a look in your stash to see what you have; you might just be surprised in what you can find.

If you want to tune in next week, I will demonstrate another masculine card that is just as quick and easy to complete.
Be safe out there people
& have a wonderful crafting time..
Hugs
Donna x

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x