Tuesday 17 January 2017

12 MONTHS OF NEW YEAR CRAFT RESOLUTIONS - A Condensed View.. January Project Aunt Vera Scrap and Craft..

Hello lovely people,
 
 I am sorry to do this to you but this is a HUGE post!!!!

Today I thought I would make a condensed version on the making of my January project for Aunt Vera Scrap and Craft using the January Kit 'Celebrations'; I use the word condensed otherwise it would take 20 pages to do, 
it's only 19 pages now lol..

 

Here is a look at the January Kit...
 
 
A list for you of all the goodies included in the Kit:
 
- Simple Stories .. Happy New Year Paper Pack
- Simple Stories .. Happy New Year Sticker Sheet
- Bazzill Cardstock .. Lollipop, Candy Necklace, Liquorice Twist, Easter Grass
- Celebrate It .. Occassions Black & White Flowers
- Prima Flowers.. #590352
- Imagine Crafts .. Fireworks Sprays - Greenhouse
(Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy)
- Prima Trims.. Rosy Belle  
- Cheery Lynn Designs .. Shaker Embellishments -Hearts & Glasses
- Echo Park Paper Co .. Fireworks 6 x 6 Stencil
- Kaiser Craft Die .. Fireworks and Streamers
- Tonic Studios .. Nuvo Jewel Drops - Strawberry Coulis
 
Wowsers, can you believe all these lush items!! 
 
And This Is What I Made From It: 

 "12 Months of New Years Craft Resolutions"



The first thing I did was choose my colours and elements and ink around all the edges in corresponding colours.
I have used the Elements Paper, the Fireworks Sprays and the Fireworks Stencil as the MAJOR components for each page.
I cut up the Elements paper and used one Element on each page.. 
 
Using Tombow Multi Glue (love this stuff), I fixed the coloured cardstock to a black base.. After thinking about it, I sprayed the three Fireworks Sprays from Imagine Crafts over the coloured cardstock and wow! what a treat, they are gorgeous..



Once dry, ok, with a little help from the heat gun, (yep could not wait) I used either Colour Burst or Studio 490 Embossing Paste on top of the Fireworks Stencil to place some texture on the page.. Yep liked that immensely.. Then I stamped some images on the page and in some cases stencilled over the images again..
Stamps  used:
- Bo Bunny .. Distressed Textured
- Stamp It Sets .. siset033
- Paper Artsy Minis .. mini56 

After printing the resolutions I cut out each word and inked the edges.
Inks used:
 Stampin Up ..
- Sweet Sugar Plum
- Gumball Green
- Daffodil Delight
-  Dapper Denim
 

 
All Pages Measure:
Black Cardstock: ???
Coloured Mat ???
 
THE COVER: 
I started with the back of 'Kiss Me' Elements paper and added a windmill (Quick Kutz)and sticker and trim. I punched out a flower from Retro Flower (EK Success), trimmed
the sides and tops of each petal and adhered it to the top of the sticker and added a bling.. I finished off the page with some Kindy Glitz on the stars..
 
 
 
BACK of COVER:
I used the  'Happy New Year' Element paper and misted Fireworks Spray in the corner   Using Colour Blast - Bling, I added some texture with the Fireworks Stencil and punched out three flowers, cut them into a windmill shape, added some bling and streamers. I placed a metal embellishment (from my stash- no name) and Voila you have the Back of the Cover...
 
 
 
My Heading Page with the 'This Year' from the Element paper.. 
''12 Months of Celebrating New Year Craft Resolutions''.
Trim, Fireworks Spray, Colour Blast - Bling, and use of the Fireworks Stencil finishes off this page with just a couple of streamers..
 
 
 
JANUARY:
'Get My Projects in on Time and Learn to Use YouTube Confidently".
 'Raise Your Glass' Element paper & a flower and trim from Prima sets off the page nicely.  Colour Blast - Bling and the Fireworks Stencil with the Fireworks Sprays
give this page a finished look.
 
 
I sprayed a little Cottage Ivy on the flower to
go with the colour of the page..
 
 
  
FEBRUARY:
'Organize & Catalogue my Stamps & Dies Which Will Take 12 Months'...
Wow, what a mouthful to say out loud.. I love how the Colour Blast - Bling through
the Fireworks Stencil seems to come out from behind the 'Raise Your Glass' Elements paper and as you can see the Fireworks Spray seems to change colour on the Bazzill Pink cardstock to almost a milky white....
I added a die cut fence (Magnolia Doohickey die) in the Paper Stories paper
 
 
I adhered 3 flowers (love the bling on the flowers) using Nova Jewel Drops for the centres.
 
 
  
MARCH:
'Create Kits & Card Sets'.
I love how this Prima flower ties in with the Count Down Elements paper on this page.. The Pearl Tart Fireworks Spray and  Colour Blast- Deep Water texture paste with the Fireworks Stencil are very subtle on this yellow bazzill cardstock. 
I cut the Doohickey fence diecut into sections,
adhered 2 of them using foam tape and placed a butterfly (EK Success)  
on top with bling for the body..  I sprayed the flower using Bamboo Leaves
to incorporate it on to the page and finished with some streamers.. 
 
 
 
APRIL:
'Do Not Buy New Craft Supplies', 'Use More OF My Craft Stash'.
(As if this is going to happen lol)
 I love how the fireworks diecut with a trim on top stands out with the Elements 'Awesome' paper and matches in with the Colour Blast- Deep Water textured Fireworks from the Fireworks Stencil . Again the Fireworks Sprays have given the  pink bazzill a milky white look in places.. 
A Bunting Banner (Frantic Stamper) and metal embellishment (my stash - no name)
completes the page with Nuvo Jewel Drops under the word 'AWESOME' 

 
 
  
MAY:
'Get Ahead With Birthday Cards For All Family & Friends'.
Again the textured fireworks Colour Blast - Leather and the Fireworks Stencil
 make the 'Cheers to the Year' Element paper stand out. 
I tied cord through the bunting and knotted it at each end and used
Dimensional Magic on the flowers of the bunting to finish...

 
The Fireworks Spray really pops out on this page..
 
 
  
JUNE:
'Scrap More Photos For The Kids Scrap Books'.
The Pink of the 'Best Year Ever' Elements paper gives this page a wonderful hue.
The dots in the cogs are interesting as they are the Nuvo Jewel Drops, which changed colour when used with this bazzill bright yellow cardstock.. The texture Colour Blast- Deep Water and Fireworks Stencil with the Fireworks Sprays changes the
colour of the cardstock completely.
I love this die Gears Collage (Frantic Stamper) and thought
it really tied in with the theme. I used a little spray on the die thus it wasn't so 'Black'.
Washi tape (Sawyers Place) underneath the element paper gave the
page a little more dimension. I love the windmill (Quick Kutz) and
thought it was enough to finish the page.
 
 
 
JULY:
'Practice My Colouring With Watercolours and Copics'.
I Loooove the effects from the Fireworks Stencil and Colour Blast - Bling with a Trim is just plain wonderful..  'Countdown' Element paper and Fireworks Sprays brings it all together.. 
 
 
I made a shaker star (X Cut die) from the Simple Stories paper and used the Shaker Embellishments from Cheery Lynn Designs and Champagne Glass (Stampin Up)
to fill it..
 
 
 
AUGUST:
'Create Journals For My Poetry And Stories'.
'Kiss Me at Midnight' Elements paper tied this page together nicely.. The black Embossing paste ( Studio 490) through the  Fireworks Stencil  and the Fireworks Sprays showcase the Bazzill Candy Necklace cardstock to perfection.. 
I die cut a Steampunk Clock - B357 (Cheery Lynn Design) in Bazzill
pink cardstock and the outer Circle and clock hands in Black cardstock.
 
 
To finish the page I placed black bling underneath all the numbers..
 
 
  
SEPTEMBER:
'Learn New Techniques Especially Mixed Media'
I love this page as the 'This Year' Elements paper matches so well with the Colour Blast- Deep Water paste, the Fireworks Stencil and the Fireworks Spray
 I used the streamers as strings for the balloons (CC Designs) and a trim matches in perfectly sitting on a sticker shape.
  
 
OCTOBER:
'Spring Clean And Destash The Studio'.
What a combination!!
Bazzill Pink & Candy Necklace cardstock looks fantastic together.
'Raise Your Glass' Element Paper, Fireworks Spray, the black Embossing paste ( Studio 490) and  Fireworks Stencil with  another shaker embellishment and
yep! page is complete. 
 
By the way, so not sure this resolution will actually happen hehe..
 
  
 
The Bunting Banner (Frantic Stamper) ties the shaker
heart (Spellbinders die) filled with the glorious Shaker Embellishments
(Cheery Lynn Designs) and tiny things (?? lol) together lovely..
 
 
 
NOVEMBER:
'Complete Christmas Cards And Projects'.
Don't you just love how the 'Balloons' on the Elements paper, the
Colour Blast - Bling  with the Fireworks Stencil on the Bazzill blue cardstock and 
the Firework Sprays bring this page together!! 
The outer circle from the Steampunk Clock - B357 (Cheery Lynn Design)
in Bazzill pink looks wonderful on this page..
I made another Windmill (Quick Kutz) and adhered it near the
 diecut fence (Magnolia Doohickey) with a couple of streamers. 
 
 
 
 
DECEMBER:
'Have A Peaceful Christmas And Receive Lots Of Crafty Presents'.
My Favourite page (and that is apart from the resolution lol);
A flower from Celebrate It Occasions Black & White and a Trim makes the page don't you think!! 
'Cheers to the Year' Element paper, black Embossing paste ( Studio 490),
 Fireworks Stencil and of course,
the Fireworks Sprays kind of finishes the book with
a nice ending I reckon!! 
  
 
 I used the negative of the Kaiser Craft Fireworks and Streamers Die and filled it in with all different coloured streamers.
 
 
 
BACK COVER:
My name and year is all that is needed with the 'Countdown' from the Elements paper, Oh! of course it wasn't complete without some Firework Spray from Fireworks Greenhouse by Image Crafts..  I love how the spray changes colours depending on the colour of the paper you are using..

 
 
Dah-Dah!!!
Drum roll please, rattle rattle, bang, bang, crash, crash, well that is what it
would sound like if I played the drums lol,
 
Finished Book with added ribbons and fibres..
 
 
 
 
 
 WHEW!! that was indeed a HUGE post.. I hope you like my
first CT project and it inspires you to create
something wonderful..
 
Thank you for staying with me..
Hugs
Donna x 
 
FIND ME:  


..............................

CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT IS IN AUNTY VERA'S JANUARY BOX?
-Aunty Vera's January Unboxing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMWwSaCJkPI&t=1s


 January Monthly kit is available in different flower/spray colour combos and is $65 which is a saving of 20% on buying the items separately.
Postage is $8.50 anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x