Thursday 26 January 2017

Australia Day...

 


HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY
 
Do you know why we have Australia Day?
 
Australia Day is the official National Day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British Ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip.
- Wikipedia
 
What does it mean to you?
 
Well to me personally, I would say I am proud of being an Australian.
I love this wonderful country of ours.
I love the diversity of the cultures, of the people, of the food.
I love that it doesn't matter where we are in Australia
I still feel like I am home..
 
And don't forget it is a holiday lol..   
 
A true blue Aussie, hat and all hehe...
 
 
And of course my dog had to get in on the act..
Meet... 'Dumbledore' Dumbles for short..

 
 
To be honest it would not be Australia Day without the famous
Lamingtons and Vanilla Slice at High Tea... 
 
 
I love Lamington Cake with tons of cream and
a cup of tea of course...

 
This plate has been in my family for over 50 years..
It shows Cpt. James Cook proclaiming
New South Wales a British possession. Botany Bay 1770..

 
 Be safe out there people and enjoy
Australia Day...
 
Hugs
Donna xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x