Saturday 5 May 2018

NSD National Scrapbooking Day - Waterfall Album Tutorial AVSC

Hi Everyone
Today I have a tutorial for you with the Waterfall Album
I created for the NSD Challenge over at Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft..
Head over that way and join all the Creative Team in the NSD challenges
which last for the whole month off May and there is Prizes as well..
 
This is an Extremely Photo Heavy Tutorial
so be warned to have a cuppa as you read through this lol and
as always ink all the edges of the paper.
 
Cut 1 front cover at 12inches by 10 1/2 inches and score 1 inch all four sides.
Cut corners as shown to mitre them.
 
 
Cut Inside cover at 24 1/2 CM wide x 21 CM length.

 
Cut the Base at 4 inches x 7 3/4 inches and round the corners as shown.
Cut 1 base mat at 3 3/4 inch x 4 1/8 inch.

 
Cut 2 pieces of chipboard at 4 1/2 inch x 8 1/2 inch and the spine at 3/4 inch x 8 1/2 inches and adhere as shown.


Cut the pocket at 4 1/2 inch x 6 1/2 inch, score 1/2 inch on two sides only as shown and a mat at 3 7/8 inch x 5 7/8 inch.
Measure up from the bottom 3 inches and 2 inches from the top,
make a mark and cut both pieces as shown

 
Cut two tags (mine measure 3 7/8 inch x 6 3/4 inch and 3 1/2 inch x 5 1/4 inch
but you can make any size as you like and as many as you want.
 
1. Fold over sides of outside cover and adhere.
2. Adhere the inside cover on the chipboard
3. Fold the two scored pieces of the pocket and adhere to left the inside cover.
4. Adhere the Base to the right side.

 
Cut 7 Flaps 4 inches x 4 1/2 inches and score 1/2 inch on the 4 1/2 inch side.
Cut 16 mats 3 3/4 inch x 3 3/4 inch
Round bottom of flaps as shown.

 
Round bottom or tops of mats as shown ***Note the flap down has the
patterned paper rounded on the bottom.
The flap up and the patterned paper rounded on the top..
(I number both flaps sides and all the mats to make it easier.)  

 
The waterfall will look something like this.

 
Using Clearly Kelly inks HERE Ink around all the edges of the papers.

 
As you can see in both of these photos below the pattern of the paper has the corners
punched on the bottom of the shown mats and the pattern paper is punched on the top
of the mats on the reverse side of the flaps..

 
I have also cut a little strip of paper that measures 3/8 inch x 3 3/4 inch and
adhered it on the side with the flaps up as shown below.
 
 
I used two of the Pocket Pages (from the kit) on the front of my tags.

 
I adhered the flaps on the base as shown in the next 3 photos..
Starting right at the very top edge of the base.
 
 
 


Adhere the second flap straight under the first mat as shown below.

 
The flaps should look like this when all adhered.
 
 
Adhere all flaps on the base then adhere all the mats on the flaps
then adhere the photos on the mats remembering to punch the corners
of the photos the same way as your mats ...
 
 I would strongly recommend you do all the below before you place your flaps,mats and photos inside of the Waterfall Album..
For the cover, I painted gesso roughly over after inking around the edges with
Clearly Kelly inks, let dry.
 
 
I adhered a cutaway piece on the front.

 
With the gorgeous stencil from the kit, I stencil with moulding paste all over the
front, back and spine of the album and dried.
I used the color burst from the kit to colour some of the moulding past, (A small tutorial is available on how I did this)
 Loved how this turned out.

 
  I sprayed water over the front, back and spine and dripped a little of Weathered Wood
Distress ink and Kiwi Kiss Stampin Up ink on it and held it up to run, dabbing off the excess with a tissue..

 
A tiny bit of Lindy's Stamp Gang pink and Diamond Glimmer mist
finished the background beautifully and created a shimmery background..
I then added the cut away pieces.

 
I realized the black on this cutaway was too dark, so I simply painted some gesso around the edges to soften it.
 
 
Love this cut away, it was too dark so I again softened the look with gesso.
Dry well.
 
 
Add all your bits and bobs to finish your album..

 These are some of my favourite projects I have created over time.
I did make a biggie mistake though and that was I printed the
photos without editing them first. The photos came out huge, I did cut them down
to size but lost a lot of what the project was in the process. I was going to re print them but  though why, that is what happens is Scrapping ; Mistakes, so I have scrapped my favourite weird sized projects lol
 
The top photo is a 8 x 8 frame I created with rolled flowers
and stamped images.
The second photo is a family frame I created for my daughter on the
birth of her first daughter.. 

 
The top photos is a heart shaped book I created for a design team project
with Creating Images..HERE
The bottom photo is a set of ATC I created for a design team project
with My Besties Aussie Challenge HERE

 
The top photo is a Accordion Card I created for my cousin.
The bottom photo was for a Creative Team project with AVSC

 
You have to love the top photo my granddaughter Aimee and her friend Chloe made
for a valentine's project for AVSC.
The bottom photo is a set of cards I created and a box to store them in HERE

 
The top photo is a recipe tin I made for each of my children.
The bottom is a set of cards with a box I created for a magazine HERE

 
The top photo is a small baby box that has lots6 drawers and have lots of little sayings/ poems/ words of advice  when the baby gets older.
The second photo is a little book I created.

 
The top photo is a set of ATC's for a magazine HERE
The second photo is a set of three pillow boxes for the magazine.

 
A pillow box is the top photo and
hundred's of flowers I made is the second.

 
I love love how the top photo came out with the mail box.
This was a Creative team project with AVSC and my all time favourite
item is on the left of the below picture and is a 'Thing'.
It was going to be a hot air balloon , then a Maypole but ended up
'something' completely different altogether; not sure what but love it anyway.
 
 
The flowers on the right came in the May kit and the
flowers came in a kit ages ago from AVSC  

 
Love this little charm from Ken Oliver HERE


These pearl drops from Santoro are just plain gorgeous.

 
Don't you love how these flowers from the kit sparkle.. I have a tutorial available to show you how I did this..


A bit of fussy cutting from the gorgeous paper in the kit and you have super cuteness..

 
The Pearl drops finishes these tiny flowers perfectly..

 
Of course I couldn't created without a butterfly or two somewhere on the project lol.


The finished Scrapbooking Waterfall Album..


Inside the album.

 
The front and back of the album.
How I wish the quote was true on the back sighhh !!

 
The spine.

 
I hope you had a bikkie with your cuppa to read this post lol
Create one and let me know how you go..
There are a few mini tutorials for this album as well so don't forget to check
them out..
 
Hugs
Donna xx
 
BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

 May monthly kit is available for $76.25 which is a saving of 20% on buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.00 anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:

 ................................

Don't forget to check out my blog HERE
Please visit me on my FB page  HERE
And
My Youtube Channel HERE


 
 


1 comment:

  1. Great tutorial. I’m hoping to tackle this on Tuesday 💕💕 thinking about paper collection. Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x