Sunday 7 January 2018

A Screen Card Tutorial

 
 
I love creating screen cards, there are so many things you can place on them for all sorts of different occasions. Using the same basic design you can create the most wonderful cards.. 
I love Martha Steward punches, the only thing with them are, they have no names on them and unless you are fantastically organized (nope, totally not me at all), then you have to research it sighh!!  I have started to organize my stamps, then it will be my dies then my punches, then my hundreds of other things I need to do.. We are, after all crafters lol ..

 
*Cut 1 piece of Pink Bazzill cardstock at 27.9cm x 13.9cm, score at 6.9cm, 13.9cm, 20.9cm.
*Cut 5 pieces of white cardstock at 6.3cm x 11.4cm (4 for the front and one for the back to write your message).
*Cut 4 pieces of A Fine Spring Day at 4.7cm x 10.7cm (Designer Paper).
*Punch along the top of the Pink Bazzill cardstock with the Arch Lattice border punch.
*Ink all pieces of cardstock except the white .
All of the components together. ( I stamped 4 frames but changed my mind once I started to assemble the card.)



Punch out the ‘feet’ by placing the Decorative Label on each scored panel as shown.
Adhere the white pieces of cardstock to three panels (leaving the front one until you have tied the twin on it), then adhere the Designer Paper to the white as shown here.



The Front Panel..
Adhere the Designer Paper to the white cardstock.
Die cut an Elegant band in white and cover in fine glitter, adhere to Designer Paper as shown.
Wrap White twine four times around panel and attach a brad as shown. Adhere the panel to the front of the card. Place a line of bling on the top left side



Second Panel..
Die cut 2 corners from the Tag and Corner Options and adhere as shown.  Place three tiny roses on the bottom of the birdcage paper and adhere ‘Life is Beautiful’ using 3D foam tape. 



Third Panel..
Die cut a Rambling Border and add Glitter. Adhere to the right hand side as shown. Die cut a butterfly from the Butterfly Tag and adhere only on the body of the butterfly so the wings stand up.. Punch out two little butterflies and adhere the same as the large butterfly.. Add bling to the bodies..



Fourth Panel..
Die cut 4 corners from the Tag and Corner Options die and adhere as shown.  ( I inked the edges and adhered glitter over them).
Add a Resin Bird.



The Screen card finished.. Pretty as..



Another example of a screen card using the Decorative labels on the front..




Materials:
A Fine Spring Day Design Paper – Mood Catchers
Pink Bazzill Cardstock
White Cardstock
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink – Ranger
Decorative Label Punch – Stampin Up
Arch Lattice Border Punch – Martha Steward
Strawberry Slush Ink – Stampin Up
Butterflies Punch – EK Success
Ultimate Craft Dies – Tag and Corner Options, Elegant Band, Rambling Border, Butterfly Tag
Ultimate Craft – Resin Birds
EK Success – tiny butterflies


                                   I hope I have inspired you to
                                          create Glorious things..
                                                         Hugs
                                                        Donna x

https://www.facebook.com/DonnasFunStuff/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x