Wednesday 8 May 2019

Spiral Recipe Book - NSD - Challenge Two - AVSC May 2019

Hi all,

(WARNING A HUGE PHOTO HEAVY POST)

 It is NSD (National Scrapbooking Day) which lasts all of May in Aunty Vera's land..  
All of the Creative Team are going to have lots of challenges and tutorials for you to join in and there are also prizes to be won, so make sure you check in heaps to win..

NSD is about memories and can take any form; for me this month it is about my grandmother and my mum's recipes that I still use and have passed on to my children.. Wonderful Memories... 

I am going to be giving away one or two of my creations to someone who creates along side of me in all of my challenges.. That means you need to create my project, take a photo and post in my folder on Aunty Vera's page.. Here

CHALLENGE TWO

Today I would like to show you a book I created using the gorgeous paper from Bo Bunny..
And did you notice the paperclip dangle.. I cased the idea from Lolly Palooza, you can watch her videos Here


I cut the recipe cards apart from the 12 inch x 12 inch of the Bo Bunny paper from my package this month.. They have the ingredients on the front and the directions on the back..


I inked around the edges using Kelly's Coffee and Donut inks and Kelly's Outdoor inks.. Here 
I wanted to be able to use this book (giving it as a gift) so decided to laminate the pages.. 


I cut the front and back of the book from Black cardstock 
6 1/2 inches x 4 1/2 inches..  I adhered cut aparts from the 12 x 12 inch papers to the front and back.


I got my Zutter out from the dusty box it has been sitting in  and punch all the pages and covers.. ( To be totally honest I had to read the little instruction book again as it has been so long since I used this machine)..


I decided to go with this piece of paper as the cover as I just loved it..


The book opened ..


I created a tag to place in the little pocket on the back of the cover.. I fussy cut lots of little images from the papers.. I adore them little enamel dots..


Now isn't that tea time boarder die just gorgeous.. I love it and with the Vintage Pearl embossing powder is my favourite items in the May package.. 



A look at the book from a different angle..


The paperclip dangle I made. I fussy cut all the tiny images you see on the charms.. 


The front of the book.. I love how it turned out..


A few more pages opened up so you can see how easy it stands..



I hope you can see all the glitter and shine that is on the front of the book.. In person it is just gorgeous.. 


The paperclip dangle I created.. I love it..





I fussy cut all the tiny little images from the gorgeous paper.





Here is a picture of my mum when she was younger.. My brother Wayne is a dead spit of her..


Mum and dad, I look like dad but have some of mum's traits , so I have been told lol 
She was a fantastic cook.


My grown up children that have enjoyed many many home cooked meals from the recipes of mum and granny's..


These are the recipe cards from the book.. I have hand written every one and these are my favourites..







I have made this same recipe ever since I was a little girl helping mum peel the tomatoes and chop the apples..



This one developed over time..



This was all the family favourite, I added a few extra's for my kids.. 



I still make jam and chutney today and still follow mum's recipe.. 



I have not changed this recipe at all.. This is what we had as children and this is what I serve my great grandkids now.. We still love it..



Mum did this when we were kids but as I got older and experimented more I added more sauces.. Don't tell mum, she would blow a gasket.. 



This has also developed over time and is my favourite recipe of all of these..



Yum, I am so going to go out and make these tomorrow lol



Another childhood recipe that I haven't changed at all..



I can remember mum making this and eating it as a child thinking it was steak.. My hubby and son love it and are always asking for it..



I just LOVE Chilli Fish.. Served with rice and it is perfect..



After writing this recipe out I am so going to have this for tea next week..







My kids love sate beef, me not so much as I rarely eat red meat..



My son's favourite dessert..



All the colours together look brilliant, I love this paper...


My gorgeous package for May..


Products are:

Emoji Love Enamel Dots - Simple Stories Here
Pocket Full of Posies Charm Pack - Do Crafts Papermania Here
Christmas Cookies Buttons - Dress It Up Here
Small Talk Stickers - Tim Holtz idea-ology Here
Sweet Friends Stamps and Dies - Kaisercraft Here
Family Recipe Papers - Bo Bunny Here 
Tea Time Border Die - Cottage Cutz Here  
Perfect Combo Washie Tape - Doodlebug Designs Here  
Vintage Pearl Embossing Powder Here

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout May..
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/AuntyVeraScrapandCraft/ HERE

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x