Thursday 3 January 2019

Recycled Holder - It's A Brand New Day - AVSC


Hi all,
How are we doin at the start of the 2019 year?
When I asked Aunty Vera for the Tim Holtz box legs HERE I had no idea this is what was going to happen.. I change my mind all the time and what starts in my head when I start a project never comes out like I picture lol..

I had some palings at my place so I cut a few to make a box then decided I wanted a handle. Look out trees here I came.. With a staple gun, a saw and a few staples a box was created..


I sanded all the rougher edges and dabbed some Distress Oxide Frayed Burlap Ink HERE over it to age it a bit more.. 


I cut the Journalling cards apart as shown, inked them with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink and painted them with Jo Sonja's Clear Gloss medium to make them durable..


I adhered them to the wooden box with the Clear Gloss Medium.


Once dry I sand the edges and lightly sponged around the edges with Frayed Burlap again..


I sponged the wooden flourishes HERE with Frayed Burlap and coloured little bits of the flourishes with Distress Markers HERE.. I then painted them with Nuvo Crystal Drops..


Feet are on and wooden Flourish looks great..


I rubbed Brown-Gold Inka Gold HERE over the feet to age it and to match into the wood better.


The Forever Friends Wooden Flourish so suits this journalling card..


Cup Cake anyone??


The whole side of the holder with twine wrapped around the handle..


The back of the holder..


 The Front and finished Recycled Holder. (with coffee and Bikkies)...


I Hope I have
Inspired you to Create
Glorious Things
Hugs
Donna xx

Core Products:
Coffee Understands Stamps- Picket Fence Studios
Coffee Paper - Echo Park Paper Co
Coffee - Solid Paper Pack - Echo Park Paper Co



Did you know Aunty Vera has layby options, and she can order you anything you need..

Other:
Distress Oxide Inks
On The Go Texture Fades - Sizzix
Credit Card Sleeve & Tags Die - Sizzix - Eileen Hull
Kindy Glitz
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Brown Gold Inka Gold
Twine

Check out my Blog HERE

My Facebook page HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x