Wednesday 8 May 2019

Envelope Recipe Book - NSD Challenge Three - AVSC May 2019


Hi all,
 It is NSD (National Scrapbooking Day) which lasts all of May in Aunty Vera's land..  
All of the Creative Team are going to have lots of challenges and tutorials for you to join in and there are also prizes to be won, so make sure you check in heaps to win.. 

NSD is about memories and can take any form; for me this month it is about my grandmother and my mum's recipes that I still use and have passed on to my children.. Wonderful Memories... 

I am going to be giving away one or two of my creations to someone who creates along side of me in all of my challenges.. That means you need to create my project, take a photo and post in my folder on Aunty Vera's page.. Here

CHALLENGE THREE

I just love the idea of this book using envelopes and cards..
I am showing you how I put it together using white cardstock but I made the book in black envelopes and black cardstock..  I will be decorating all the page fronts throughout of May, so check back in to see what I do..

It is up to you how many of these you will want to use , I made my book with Five envelopes and Cards. but if it is easier for you, use three..


You will need binder strips, I think I ended up using 10 or 12.. These are the length of the folded envelope  and 1inch across.. I scored it at 1/2 inch as shown.. This was from the other envelope but you can use cardstock if you like.. 


I sealed the envelope and cut the strips but then glued it together as I thought the paper wasn't strong enough to hold the pages..


You will need to seal your envelopes and fold in half as shown with the sealed bit in the middle.. 
Adhere the strip on the fold of the envelope and the card.. If you enlarge the photo you will be able to see this cleanly.. (I should have done a coloured one to show you).


You just continue to do this for all envelopes and cards.. It will look like the photo. Start with a card and end with a card.. I trimmed the top of the envelopes so I can place cards in them..


I found these shiny black cards and envelopes in my stash and thought yep will work brilliantly..


I cut the mats 1/4 inch down from the card size.. For these cards I think it was 3 7/8 inches x 5 3/4 inches, cut 24..
For the envelopes it was 4 1/4 inches x 3 inches cut 20
The spine measured 5 7/8 inches x 3 inches, score at 1 inch and 2 inch..


The book together, I used the first card as the front on my book..


The pages inside.. 


The envelopes sit in between each card.. 


The start of the front of the book.. I will decorate the pages throughout the month , so keep coming back to see what I create...





Love this die that you can just see ..


My gorgeous package for May..


Products are:

Emoji Love Enamel Dots - Simple Stories Here
Pocket Full of Posies Charm Pack - Do Crafts Papermania Here
Christmas Cookies Buttons - Dress It Up Here
Small Talk Stickers - Tim Holtz idea-ology Here
Sweet Friends Stamps and Dies - Kaisercraft Here
Family Recipe Papers - Bo Bunny Here 
Tea Time Border Die - Cottage Cutz Here  
Perfect Combo Washie Tape - Doodlebug Designs Here  
Vintage Pearl Embossing Powder Here

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout May..
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/AuntyVeraScrapandCraft/ HERE

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,Thank you for looking at my page, I appreciate you doing so.. Hugs Donna x